28.1.07

The First US President

I take for granted (although not too much: remember last time!) that with the enduring contestation over the money and lives thrown away in Iraq’s occupation, the Democrat Presidential candidate has a real chance of being elected. (Unless the Republican contender criticises Bush’s Presidency.) Clinton or Obama? Whoever the party chooses, history will probably be written. We’ll either witness the appointment of the first woman President or the first black President.
[Thanks for your words (and fabulous picture), Sarah. I was feeling quite lonely. After all, this is not my blog: it’s our blog. I’m teaching undergrads and experiencing the same weirdness that you describe. Perhaps even more intensely, since I do it in the same rooms where I had classes as an MA student.]

No comments: