1.11.06

'Ello, Guv's

Hi All,
Great to hear from everybody. So, as Steve wrote, we are living in Harvard Square and bracing for what looks like will be a cold winter. We are attending a Uni of Kent reunion for N. American students on November 9th right here at Harvard. We're pretty lucky it is so close to us. Should be fun, maybe we'll meet some Hothe alum?
Our one-year wedding anniversary is this weekend and we are planning a road trip up the east coast from Boston to Canada (passing through New Hampshire and Maine) in our 1992 Accord. Let us hope it makes it.
In other news, we found a legitimate chip shop/British pub in Brooklyn last month called 'Chip Shop' (font in the sex pistols fashion). I had a real Ploughman's Lunch (much to the horror of my brother as I munched on a huge chunk of bread, pickled onion, Stilton cheese, and Branston Pickle) and washed it down with a (proper 20 oz.) draught pint of Old Speckled Hen. The place is cool- it has a ‘take away’ section (complete with blue and white tiled walls) serving chips, cod, chip butties, kebabs, etc. that is open late night and a dining section serving your standard British fare. It was good fun.
As you can tell, I am missing the UK.
Well I hope everybody is well. I miss ya’ all terribly, hopefully we will all meet again soon. Thanks to Filipa and Sergio for starting this- nice job. Woody, you dropped the ball.
I am going to post some pics from graduation on the blog- Chris and Hyewon-do you have any?
Shout out to Jim- Happy Birthday next week!
One last thing- I quit smoking! Been hard but OK. Will be 1 month this weekend. And NO, Woody, I am not preggers :-)

No comments: